Like us on Facebook
[WS6] Skip Navigation LinksHome > Child Support Houston, TX | February 17, 2020
Quick Links Contact Information

Child Support Office:

Civil Courthouse
201 Caroline, Room 110
Houston, TX 77002
Map of Downtown

Hours: Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 832-927-5800
Fax: 832-927-0135

Mailing Address:

Harris County District Clerk
P.O. Box 4651
Houston, Texas 77210

For more helpful information regarding Child Support, review our Frequently Asked Questions or e-mail us.

Child Support

Due to discontinued contracts by the Office of the Attorney General with the Harris County District Clerk’s Office, child support information such as payments, address changes, account set up, and other child support related concerns should be directed to The Office of the Attorney General’s State Disbursement Unit at 1-800-252-8014 or the Harris County Domestic Relations Office at 713-274-7300.

The Harris County District Clerk’s Child Support department will continue to make available past payment history records and provide service for Notice to Employer of Income Withholding requests.

Payment Options


As a result of contractual agreements between the Office of the Attorney General and its vendor, we will no longer be able to process child support payments in cash at our location (201 Congress, Room 170) beginning November 1, 2015. For other payment options, please click here.

You may continue to send payments via mail:

  • Personal Checks

  • Cashier's Checks

  • Money Orders

  • All mailed payments should be made payable to TXCSDU and mailed to the following address.

    Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit
    PO Box 659791
    San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791

    Note: All payments must have your case (cause) number listed. If a case (cause) number is not provided, it will delay the processing of the payment or it may be returned to you for additional information.

    Payment History

    To receive information regarding the last payment or to obtain a copy of your payment history, contact the State Disbursement Unit at 1-800-252-8014. You may also visit The Attorney General of Texas website to inquire about the same. If you are inquiring on a case prior to 2004, complete the Payment History Request form and then mail, fax, or e-mail it to our office.

    Focus on Collections and Services (FOCAS)

    For more information regarding the FOCAS program, contact the Domestic Relations Office at (713) 274-7300 or visit them online.

    Legal Advice

    The District Clerk’s Office cannot dispense legal advice or carry forms to file a case (cause) in the Family District Courts. However, there are different options and alternatives you can use to seek legal advice:

    • The Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program provides services free of charge. See below for more information:
      • Located on the 17th floor of the Civil Courthouse at 201 Caroline St.
      • Open Mon - Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
      • Operates on a first-come, first-serve basis
    • The Harris County Domestic Relations Office provides legal representation for parents seeking to establish, enforce or terminate child support and/or visitation.
    • Office of the Attorney General provides parents with a full range of child support services at no cost.
    • Contact a private attorney. For assistance in locating an attorney, contact the State Bar of Texas.

    Wage Withholding

    Child Support Information to begin or terminate child support wage withholding is at your fingertips.

    Child Support Payments

    Child Support Payment For other Child Support payment options, click here.

    Child Support General Information

    Child Support General Information For more information about child support visit our General Information section.