Copies can be purchased from our office via the Internet, mail, or fax. The Internet
is the quickest way to obtain copies. The cost to purchase a document is $1.00 per page for certified
copies. Uncertified copies may be purchased online for $.15 per page.
If a records search is required, there is an additional $5.00 fee.
To obtain copies electronically, simply Search
Our Records and Documents to view a case (cause).
- Click on the case (cause) style and then the Images tab.
- Determine the document(s) you wish to purchase
- Add them to your basket
- Log into e-Clerk to complete your transaction via credit card payment
To obtain certified, non-certified or exemplified copies by mail complete the Will Call / Mail
Order Copies Requests form. Mail the form and a self-addressed stamped envelope
with the proper postage, usually one stamp for every five pages to be returned,
Harris County District Clerk
P.O. Box 4651
Houston, Texas 77210-4651
To obtain copies via fax, complete the
Fax Express Order form and fax to 713-368-3946 to obtain criminal documents. To obtain civil and family
documents fax to 713-755-8980. Fax express requests will be processed within 2 business days of receipt.
- Fax transactions are payable by credit card only
- There is a 4% convenience fee for credit card purchases
- Uncertified copies will be faxed to you
- Certified and exemplified copies can be mailed to you (postage assessed as applicable)
or placed in ‘will call’
- If choosing ‘will call,’ indicate on the form the location you will be visiting
to obtain your copies
Public Kiosks are available in our Customer Service areas to allow for on site self
service record searches and document purchases.
Please see our Payment Options.