June 14, 2024 [Z1B]
back to top navigation

Child Support - IV-D Courts

IV-D (pronounced “four-D”) Child Support Courts decide on matters and render judgments relating to cases filed by the Texas Attorney General that establish and enforce child support orders on behalf of the State of Texas. In some instances, the cases are referred back to the Family District Courts.

Court Directory

For specific court information, please visit the Harris County District Courts.

Court Locations

Click here for the current location of the Civil District Courts, Criminal District Courts, Family District Courts, Juvenile District Courts, IV-D Courts.

Click here for the current location of the County Criminal Courts at Law.

IV-D Child Support Courts are located in the Family Law Center at 1115 Congress, Houston, TX 77002.
A listing of IV-D Child Support Court personnel can be found here. Customer service is located on the Fifth Floor, Suite 520.

Child Support

In the past, our office was responsible for issuing receipts for child support payments. However, due to changes made by the Texas Legislature, child support payments, address changes, account set-up, and other child support–related matters should now be directed to the Office of the Attorney General’s State Disbursement Unit at (800) 252-8014 / 713-243-7100 or the Harris County Domestic Relations Office at (713) 274-7300.

The Harris County District Clerk’s Billing department will continue to make available payment history records on cases prior to 2005 and provide service for Notice to Employer of Income Withholding requests. If you are inquiring about a case prior to 2005, complete the Payment History Request form and mail, fax, or email it to our office using the instructions on the form.

Child Support Payment Options

We no longer accept child support cash payments; however, you may make cash deposit payments in one of the kiosks available in the Civil Courthouse (201 Caroline) or the Family Law Center (1115 Congress) or you may make a payment via personal check, cashier's check, or money order by mail to:

Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit
PO Box 659791
San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791

Please make your check or money order payable to TXCSDU and include your case number with your payment. If a case number is not provided, it will delay the processing of your payment or it may be returned to you for additional information.

For other payment options or inquiries regarding the Office of the Attorney General of Texas, please click here.

Child Support Wage Withholding/Notice to Employer

Wage withholding is a process in which monies are withheld from the non-custodial parent’s wages. When filing a request for issuance of an order or judicial writ of withholding, the clerk shall send a copy of the order or writ to the non-custodial parent’s current employer.

Issuance of Notice

To ensure the request is sent to the non-custodial parent's employer, complete the Request for Notice to Employer form. Documents submitted by an attorney will be filed electronically. Individuals not represented by an attorney should return the form using one of the following methods:

Marilyn Burgess, Harris County District Clerk
ATTN: Notice to Employer
P.O. Box 4651
Houston, TX 77210

Termination of Notice

If an order for Termination of Wage Withholding is required and has not been filed, one of the following referrals may be able to provide assistance:

Notice to Employer Fee

The fee to submit a Request For Notice to Employer is $15.00. Payment Options for those not represented by an attorney are available here.